1) Costume Institute Library and Costume Institute Collection
2) Press Release for Costume Institute exhibitions
3) The Timeline of Art History, Costume Institute essay collection
4) Met Libraries' Digital Collections
5) Bloomsbury Fashion Central (subscription database; two resources accessible from same homepage):
Fashion & Trade Magazines via ProQuest: (subscription database)
” About” link will have a short history of the magazine and subject coverage
“Browse Issues” page will indicate the most recent issue digitized, has a list of fashion editors and their working dates, but also allow you to look for a specific issue (e.g. April 15, 1967).
SAMPLE SEARCH: “CINDY CRAWFORD” — you can modify your search results with the various options on the left side of the screen and find out how many Vogue covers she has been on and how many times each photographer has photographed her
SAMPLE SEARCH: ”CHANEL” — you can narrow your results to only advertising images, but also brands such as Chanel No. 5 perfume.
Search all fashion related databases on ProQuest by selecting “Search” next to “The Arts” section then “Advanced Search” under the text box. Under “More search options” you can select any or all the fashion-specific databases to do a search.
7) Vogue Runway (free online resource)
8) Designer Files (various ephemera, tearsheets, press clippings, etc.)
9) Lookbook Collection (catalogs of a designer’s collection for a specific season e.g. Chanel Fall-Winter 2002)